Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blue Bananas

This has been a pretty busy yet pretty relaxed week for us. About a week ago- we discovered Orion has pin worms. NASTY little things. I won't go into detail about them- because I am kind and don't want all of you to be sick after reading this. But because of these little worms, Orion has not been sleeping well, which translates into Mom and Dad not sleeping well. William on the other hand has been sleeping GREAT!

The last few days, Orion has been asking for a "blue banana". I keep telling him I don't have any blue bananas. Today he asked for a blue sandwich. So I called Alice and asked her how to make my sons normal everyday food blue. She suggested I make "An octopus in seaweed". I made blue seaweed.

William is doing well. He sleeps great at night and is pretty happy most of the time during the day. He likes to snuggle and look at people. He has also started batting at toys if Orion will leave them alone long enough for him to bat at.

My garden is doing great. Well, kinda. The bunnies won't leave my green bean be- so I am not getting any of those, but I have squash and zucchini galore! I would have a lot more but for some reason about half of what should turn into beautiful produce, starts rotting on the vine. I haven't quite figured out why yet.

3 comments:

The Rogers said...

you can buy deer off at home depot to keep the bunnies away. be warned though it STINKS!!!!

Chaney said...

It does stink, but it doesn't take too long to go away. We used it for our Tulips this year, and it worked WONDERFULLY!

Sorry to hear about Orion's pin worms. Hopefully the medicine will work soon.

James and Aimee said...

I hope Orion is sleeping and feeling better soon. That is terrible! I'm so glad William is sleeping good for you.

You are such a good mommy!