Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Picture Overload

There are so many things that I have meant to post- and just haven't had the time. Even right now- there are an hundred other things that I should be doing. But I am letting everything else pile farther up while I sit and catch up.

Orion is such a great big brother!! He is always taking books over to William to tell him all about them. I am often surprised about how well he knows the stories. He really is listening and taking it in!William has had a nasty cough for the last two weeks- and it isn't really getting any better. I am glad that we have a well baby check up next week so that I can know that it is just a cough and will eventually clear up. He isn't running a fever or anything else- just a nasty cough. On the upside- he did roll over for the first time the other day. He also has started putting himself to sleep sometimes. He finds his thumb and sucks away until next thing I know- he is sleeping peacefully on the floor.
The other day I wanted to do something fun for lunch. So Orion and I made "Cheesy Feet". I got the idea from a book- lest you think I am naturally this creative. We traced around Orions feet- then cut them out.
I made pie crust, and used Orions foot prints to make pie crust feet.
Then we sprinkled cheese on them and baked them.
Orion LOVED eating his feet!! We were supposed to put cherry tomatoes on for toe nails- but I opted not to do that.
Just the last couple of days William has started drooling. A TON!! He also is chewing on my fingers like they are the tastiest things on earth. Conclusion- I am a little worried that he has started teething.For a couple of months now- every time I take the kids to the park Orion wants to climb the tree. So finally the other day with Daddy close by- we put him up in the tree. He was in heaven!!

Philip was scared to death that Orion would fall, and really wanted someone up there with him. Guess who drew the short straw!

8 comments:

Tess said...

I love the update! Little William is so adorable with his thumb in his mouth like that. And how fun for Orion to eat his feet...I'm definitely going to have to remember that to entertain children in the future! And your photo in the tree should have the caption of "Super Mom!"

James and Aimee said...

You are such an awesome mommy, Hannah! Climbing trees, and cheesy feet, and two adorable little boys. What a wonderful family you all are!

Unknown said...

You would think by now all the tree climbing vidio games there are Phillip would have learned how...Hee, hee. Susan

Philip said...

Shame on my wife for the misleading post about tree climbing. She failed to mention that it was my idea to climb the tree with Orion at the park while there was no camera present. And I was the one doing all the tree climbing witch was significantly longer than her in the picture posted.

The picture posted happened later in the front yard where I wasn't present when she had the brilliant idea to put him in the tree and he promptly climbed out of her reach and Hannah had to call for my help. I was the one holding William as she climbed up to merely help him safely down.

Hannah said...

I did not lie!! Philip wanted someone up there with him and since he was "sore" from being up in the tree earlier- he asked if I could go up. It is not my fault that he didn't want to climb up when I had the camera handy. And had he not taken the incriminating photos- I wouldn't have posted them.

Humphries said...

I love all the pics! I can't believe how big William is getting and I love that Orion likes to read him stories. Too Cute!! Your cheesy feet is such a cute idea I may have to try that with Joseph one day.

Fairbanks said...

What cute little brothers! I love that Orion wants to be near little William. Too cute! I hope that Williams cough clears up soon!

Rachel and Tyler said...

Hannah, I love you!!!! That's really all I have to say, but I don't say it often enough. So, one more time...I LOVE YOU!!!!