Saturday, March 1, 2014

Living the Dream

Ever since junior high, I have had a dream. I wanted to be an actress. (Just like every other little girl.) But I didn't want to be famous and in movies. I wanted to be on a stage. I light up in front of an audience. But lets face it. Real life happened. I got married at 19, and started my family. I haven't had a moments regret. I love my life!

Well, a couple of months ago, I was "friended" by an old friend from junior high. This friend is living the life we always talked about wanting. Acting and performing with a small dinner theater. For just a few moments I was jealous. But then Oliver came running in screaming that a monster was chasing him.

 "Quick mom, save me! Here's your sword. No wait mom, that monster is nice! Don't kill him. He is just running from the hot lava.Hurry mom, come get in the space ship. It will take us to the moon, and the lava can't reach us there. Oh no!! There is a meteor!" 

After we were finally safe on the couch under Ollies blanket reading stories (with all the voices) it occurred to me that I am living my dream. I get "cast"  to be a super hero, scientist, astronaut, baby, fireman, dog catcher, train conductor, and many other roles on a weekly basis. And let me tell you, my children are a much more particular about how I do things than any director I have ever had.

I love being a mom. It is the greatest role ever!!


3 comments:

Tess said...

Love this! And your audience is much cuter too! Now I am curious about which jr high friend this is...?

Chaney said...

You make me smile!

Rachel and Tyler said...

I'm with you! I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything. That said, motherhood is not for the faint of heart - but chocolate helps! love you, Hannah.