Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday


Well, it finally happened. Philip got old! He turned 30 on the 15th, and I am just getting around to posting about it. I don't think it was a really exciting day for him. He went to work, but did come home a little early. The high for the day was only -5, so he came home with the idea that instead of going out to eat we would just stay in. I asked what he wanted me to make for dinner, and becuase he is so sweet, decided that he didn't want me to have cook. So we bundled Orion up, dropped him off at Wanda's and went to the Grumpy Troll to celebrate his birthday. After we got home we put a few candles on the cheese cake, and sang Happy Birthday. Really, I just sang a solo, and Orion watched the flames. We didn't end up eating any cake, 'cause Phil and I were still stuffed from dinner. After Orion helped Philip open his present, (He got DS9 season 6) we put Orion to bed, and then Philip spent the rest of the evening playing WOW. Not real exciting, but Philip I think was not to excited about turning old.

I asked Philip a couple days before his b-day what kind of cake he wanted. His responce was that he didn't really want cake, becuase sweet things didn't really sound good. I asked again on his b-day if he wa sure he didn't want me to make a cheese cake for his birthday. He said to go ahead. So I made the smallest cake I possible could, and wouldn't you know it, I think we are going to throw most of it away. Philip has yet to have a piece and becuase of the dairy in it, I can only eat so much before it makes me sick. My question, why did I even bother. We could have stuck a candle in his hamburger for him to blow out! Maybe that is what I will do next year. Hmm . . . not a bad idea now that I think about it.

1 comment:

Chaney said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sweets do the same thing here, especially cake. It wouldn't be the same without a birthday cake though. Last year we did cupcakes for KatieJo's birthday and then I froze the rest of them and when someone wanted something sweet I pulled one out. It worked well.