Friday, January 29, 2010

A Wonderful 3 Years

It is hard to believe that my little man is three years old today. It amazes me just how fast the time really does go. The days are long but the years are super fast!
To celebrate Orions birthday we did a couple of fun different things. I took Orion and Moroni to McDonalds this morning so that they could play, but it wasn't super crowded. They played for about an hour and a half, then we took Mo home. Orion was pretty sad that he couldn't go inside with Mo. After lunch (we had pancakes because that is what he wanted!) we went to the store to get candy to decorate his cake. As of Wednesday Orion wanted a train cake. Then yesterday he really wanted an airplane cake. I borrowed a book from Wanda that has instructions on how to make said airplane cake, and Orion saw a picture of a truck cake and decided that he REALLY REALLY wanted a truck cake. So we made a truck cake. Next year- I am not giving him a choice.Later in the afternoon our friends Andy and Adeline came over to play. They had a lot of fun playing on the giant bean bags and playing the Wii. Philip came home from work and we opened presents. Orion had been looking at his presents on the table all day and was so excited to open them that we just couldn't make him wait. We had pizza and breadsticks for dinner- once again, what Orion wanted. After we had cake, we broke out the new game he got (Hullabaloo) and played until bedtime. Overall I think he had a good.

Here is the sad part. I have been taking pictures all day so that I could document this special day for him, and when I went to go download them on to the computer, I found out that the sd card isn't working anymore, and we lost ALL the pictures on it. I am SUPER SAD!! Also William has been running a pretty high fever the last couple of nights, and has not been sleeping well unless I am holding him and walking the floors. Needless to say, I am a tired mama.

1 comment:

Chaney said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day! At least Orion would tell you what kind of cake he wanted (even if it changed) and what he wanted to eat. All I can get Phillip to tell me is that he wants to eat cake...all day long! Oh, and that my mom is going to make his birthday cake...not me. Hey, saves me some work :0).

Hope William starts feeling better and that you get some sleep!

Happy Birthday Orion!!!