Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Blame it on hormones!

As I approach the end of my pregnancy (only 6 weeks left!!!) I find myself breaking down and crying over very little things. Things like Orion doesn't like dinner, or I can't get the lid off the pickle jar, Philip isn't home to do it and I am craving a pickle, or a no name character dies in the first 3 minutes of a tv show. Yesterday I had a pretty big breakdown though.
I have been checking Craigs list faithfully everyday for over a month hoping to find a piano within our price range (aka. FREE). I have responded to several, but haven't heard back from any until yesterday morning. (I was getting on the computer to write about mothers day when the e-mail popped up.) The e-mail said that we could go and pick it up any weekday after 6. I instantly replied back that we could come and get it tonight (which was yesterday, Monday) Tuesday, or Friday. I checked my e-mail every 30 minutes or so all day waiting for them to tell me which day worked best. I was so excited all day long. Finally at 5:26, they sent me an e-mail saying that tonight (last night) would work great, and to call if we were going to show up to get it. I quickly started making phone calls to see if we could get a couple more people to help move it, and called u-haul to see if they had a trailer available for us to use. I had all the details worked out by 5:50! I called the nice people to say that yes we would come and get it that day. That's when they told me that in the last 20 minutes, they decided they would just give it to a charity.
I was crushed!!! Still am a little bit. I hung up the phone and just broke down. I cried and cried on Phils shoulder. Then got myself together enough to call the people I had asked to help, to tell them never mind, and fell apart talking to most of them. I'm sure some of the men thought I was just crazy! To help me feel better, for FHE treat, Phil took us out for ice cream. (Which wasn't free, but at least they didn't take it away from me after offering it!!!)

4 comments:

blondeviolin said...

Oh that's horrible! Pregnant or not, that's worth a cry! You WERE a charity. There are very few ways to enrich your children's lives than through something like that.

Jenifer said...

That's sad. Don't give up!! I bet there are other free pianos on craigslist that you could get. Keep looking!! Hang in there. And let me know how I can help.

James and Aimee said...

That is so terrible! I can't believe anyone would do that. I would have cried too! Jenifer is right, don't give up. Something will come along and will probably be way better!

Rachel and Tyler said...

Poor Hannah! I'm sorry you didn't get your piano - you've wanted one for a long time, I know. Why would someone advertise for something, find a "buyer", then pull the rug out? That seems like a lot of work for nothing! People are weird! Love ya, Sis.