Saturday, May 23, 2009

Big Boy Bed

Hey Look, I made an alliteration!! (Even better, I know what an alliteration is.)


This morning, Philip surprised me by willingly getting out of bed at 8:30. He and all his masculine muscles brought up the spare dresser we had laying around in the storage room. This dresser has officially become Williams. I am feeling a little guilty however, because it is a much nicer dresser and a lot bigger then Orion's. Think he will mind? Or notice? After words, we took on the task of setting up Orions new bed. Ok, so the bed isn't really new. One of Philips co-workers was selling it, and the two practically new mattresses for a really good price. So instead of building our own, which we decided would be the cheapest, we bought the used one. Moving on. We set up the bed, and moved things around so that the bunk bed, crib, two dressers, and multiple crates of toys all fit in the room. Orion had a blast going from the top bunk, to the bottom.
For lunch, we went on a picnic. We drove around Mount Horeb, looking for a park that didn't have other people. Not that we mind other people, but I don't have to watch Orion as closely when it is just us. I am not worried that he is playing at the top of the slide, when there are 6 other kids wanting to go down. We found one, and had a very enjoyable time. I love swinging with Orion. It's a time when he looks over at me grinning ear to ear, thrilled that I am sitting in the swing next to him. He then proceeds to tell me all kinds of things, that I don't understand, but pretend to so that he keeps talking. I love my little man!!


4 comments:

James and Aimee said...

What a sweet boy you have! Sounds like you guys are all set for William. That's always a good feeling. And you look great Hannah!

Chaney said...

Orion won't care about the dressers, I've come to the conclusion most boys don't care about that stuff.

I LOVE the picture of the two of you on the swing! Most adorable!

We can't wait to see you guys this summer!!!!

Rachel and Tyler said...

So I'm confused...was is Orion that obliged and didn't get out of bed until 8:30? Or was it Philip who got up "early?" Way to go with that alliteration! You're right - not many people even know what that is. Of course, there are also a lot of people who don't know that our flag has 13 stripes and 50 stars, so I guess that isn't saying much.
Yay, you! That baby is coming soon. Love ya!

Sarah said...

What a cute picture of you & Orion together swinging! What a sweetheart ;)