Wednesday, June 3, 2009

He's How Big?

I had another ultra-sound today. I feel like I have had a lot with this pregnancy, but really, I am not complaining. I could sit and look at my little guy all day long on the monitor. But todays ultra-sound was to determine if an induction is going to be necessary. Well, after all the measurements were taken they announced that little William weighs 9 pounds 12 ounces, right now. Since I am only 37 weeks along, this is cause for a little bit of alarm I guess. If they let me go clear to my due date (the 23rd) it is likely that he will be 11 pounds. So, I have an induction scheduled for the 15th. Just one week one day early. My doctor said that they would like to take him earlier, but they aren't convinced that his lungs are fully mature at this point. I guess I should go and start washing all of my 3-6 month clothes, since I doubt that William will be wearing the 0-3 for more then an hour or two.

3 comments:

James and Aimee said...

Oh my goodness, Hannah! How do you walk around carrying a baby like that? You are a tough mama! Wish we were closer! We love you!

Chaney said...

Stuart says (that's my disclaimer!): You know you're in trouble when you're naming your kid William...the man is huge, therefore the baby (his namesake) will be huge.
(Chaney says): I'm glad they're going to induce you! I bet you're ready.

Lynsey said...

Wow Hannah you are amazing. I am glad they are going to induce you next week.