Friday, June 12, 2009



Well, we are home today. I could have stayed another night in the hospital, but I decided that I would sleep better in my own bed. For anyone who wants more details about Williams birth, continue reading, if you don't and just want to look at the pictures, that's fine too. If you don't want to do either, why are you looking at my blog?


I was having contractions sporadically all day on Wednesday. As night drew closer, they got worse, but still were very unpredictable. I could have 3 in a row 5 minutes apart, and then only have one in the next 2 hours. At about 10:30, I went downstairs to tell Philip to be prepared to take me to the hospital that night, because I was spotting. 12:00 am on Thursday, contractions started coming 7 - 10 minutes apart, and were getting more and more painful. At about 12:45, I went down and told Philip that it was time to go. We called Wanda and Robert to see if one of them could come and stay with Orion. We left for the hospital at 1:00. Contractions were still 7- 10 minutes apart. By the time we reached the hospital at 1:40, they were less then 2 minutes apart. In triage, we found out that I was dilated to a 6. I was admitted and in my room by 2:00. By 2:45 a very wonderful man put a very wonderfully large needle in my back, and all the pain stopped. It was heaven! Unfortunately, this made labor slow down considerably. At about 5:00 they gave me some pitocin to start things back up. At about 5:30, I could start to feel the contractions, and some of them were even painful through the epidural. At 6:42 the doctor broke my water. By 7:oo the new doctor came in, checked me, and announced that we were going to start pushing soon. I woke Philip up, while they brought in all the various large pieces of equipment they would need. At 7:20, I started pushing. 7:41, little William born. This delivery hurt a lot worse then Orions did. But, I didn't tear at all, and even better, I feel great now. (Well as great as can be expected.) After Orion was born and the epidural wore off I was sore for weeks. We are so grateful that William is healthy, and that there were no complications with the delivery.
Orion came to visit us for little bit that afternoon. I don't think he really like William that first time. But today, he loves him. If William cries, Orion is right there telling him "it's ok". He offers him drinks and food and toys and wants to give him lots of loves. I hope this continues.

Now I am headed off to wake William up and keep him awake for a couple of hours. He has been sleeping all day, and I would really really like him to sleep for at least a couple of hours tonight.(cross fingers!)

11 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Good for you! I left the hospital less than 24 hours after #2 and I was glad I did it. He looks healthy and I hope Orion adjusts well! :) William is so handome, congrats again!

James and Aimee said...

Oh what precious little feet! He is a newborn, so I can call his feet little. He is so handsome! And what a cute picture of Orion and William! What fun those two will be.

Chaney said...

They look SOOOO much alike! What good looking boys you have!

blondeviolin said...

I'm glad you got to go home today. When I had Emmett someone told me to enjoy the time being in the hospital and away...but really it wasn't comfortable for me at all and I was anxious to get home.

I hope he sleeps well for you, Hannah! I'm sorry that delivery was worse, but it is so nice not to be sore and in pain forever afterwards!

Your boys are some good-looking kids! :)

Rachel and Tyler said...

I love you!

Tess said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! Thanks for sharing your story.

Jen said...

Congratulations Hannah! THIS IS A CUTE BABY!

nanajohanna said...

Oh Hannah, I'm so proud of you and so happy for you too. What a wonderful thing you've done! You two have a great family.

Tristen Jones said...

Congratulations! I can't believe how big he is. We are so excited for you and Phil.

Sarah said...

Congratulations, Hannah!!!! He's beautiful!

Alice Brewer said...

Little William is beautiful I can Hardly wait to see him. What size cloths shall I send with Rachel? Do you think the growth will continue, and I should send 12 month? I love you your a brave lady!