Saturday, June 6, 2009

Birthday Festivities



Yesterday morning at about 6:30, Orion came and crawled in bed with Philip and I. He fell back asleep, and Philip tried to take him back to his bed, but Orion woke up, and was then wide awake. And I could not fall back asleep, even though Phil volunteered to be up with Orion and let me sleep in. So at 7:30, we went out to breakfast at McDonalds. Not really my first choice of places to go for breakfast, but I love watching Orion and Philip play on the play set. We came home, and I re-potted my bell pepper plant. I got one of those Topsy Turvey planters for my b-day, and so in went the pepper. At about 9:30 I started having pretty painful contractions. So we all went downstairs and while Orion watched a movie, Philip and I did our own things on the computer. I was still having contractions after lunch, but they went away when Orion and I layed down to take a nap. Orion napped for almost 3 hours! It was very nice! Unfortunately when I got up from my nap, contractions started again. (Here's the problem - I only have contractions when I am sitting down, but I can only stand or walk around for about 10 minutes before my back hurts so bad I have to sit back down.) At about 4:00 Phil and I took Orion to the babysitters, and went out for an early dinner at Red Robin. Because it was my birthday I got my meal for free, plus a free hot fudge sunday with sprinkles on top. Oh it was all so yummy!! We got home at about 6:30. The summer frolic is going on here, so we decided to take Orion. I am so sad that I wasn't able to go on any of the rides with Orion!! Apparently I look pregnant, and pregnant ladies aren't allowed to go on the rides. I think Orions favorite ride was the cars. He got to sit in his own car and drive. He really didn't want to get out, but thankfully, didn't throw a fit when we told him he had to. He also did the Merry-go-Round, and a giant slide. At the very end we got some cotton candy (I have been craving it for some reason), and walked home. Orion was in bed by 8:00, and Philip and I curled up to watch a movie. It was a good day. (Despite being in intense pain for most of the day.)
This morning, I woke up at about 7:30, and was suprised that Orion was still sound asleep. I enjoyed a nice quite morning reading my scriptures and just relaxing. After Orion woke up, I cranked some music, and started cleaning like a mad women. I cleaned out all the kitchen cupboards, swept and mopped, vacuumed, scrubbed the bathroom, and washed walls. Philip got up at about 10:00 and said that he would clean the basement. Well, it is now 1:30, and I don't think the basement has been touched. But I refuse to do it. He said he was going to, I expect that it will get done, and look as beautiful as the upstairs. After lunch, Orion and I made some Cheesecake Ice cream. It tastes pretty good, but I don't think I beat the cream cheese smooth enough because there are chunks in it. I plan on making brownies tomorrow to go with my ice cream. Mmmm.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Glad you had a happy birthday and lots of yummy treats. Looks like you guys had a fun time at the frolic too and finally got that cotton candy. Joe wet and got me a funnel cake today!

Chaney said...

WOW Hannah! While you're nesting will you come clean my house like that?

Glad to hear you had a good birthday despite the contractions!!

Rachel and Tyler said...

Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you. I would gladly have shared your hot fudge sundae! Love you, Hannah! Have that baby soon!!!!