Saturday, September 12, 2009

3 Months & Labor Day





For Labor Day- we decided to go to Stewart park and roast hot dogs. It was a lot of fun. Philip scavenged for wood to build the fire, while I nursed William and Orion played. He finally found enough wood but then it took a while to actually get the fire started.
But he did it!! I think next time I will bring lighter fluid. Orion really didn't like the fire. We tried to get him to help us roast a hot dog for him- and he stood as far away from the fire as he could get.
He also didn't want anything to do with the marshmallows we roasted. I put them in the fire- therefore they were no good.

Yesterday I decided that we would walk to the library for story time, which starts at 10:35. I packed a lunch and got water bottles ready, and we left the house at about 9:45. The library is only about a mile away- so I figured on it taking us about 45- 50 minutes to get there. The walk to the library is so pretty too! This is what it looks like for 80% of the walk.

Well, we finally walked in the doors of the library at 11:00!!! Story time was just ending, but we stayed and played at the train table for a few minutes to rest. When we started to go back Orion just sat down in the middle of the sidewalk and asked if he could ride in the car. I told him we didn't have a car to go in and that he needed to walk. So he got up and walked about 10 more steps- then sat down and again said he wanted the car. I told him that if he could walk to the park, we would have lunch and he could sit there. So he got up and walked with me to the little park that was on our way home. It only should have taken a few minutes but took almost 10 to get there. We sat and had lunch and I let Orion go down the slide a few times. When it was time to go, I bribed him with left over cookies to sit in the stroller. I carried William and pushed Orion for 10 minutes. By then my arms were tired and I made Orion get out and walk. After 5 minutes of walking Orion asked if he could "sit" again. So I held William and pushed Orion again for about 10 minutes. With Orion in the stroller we made much better time- but it was still taking a long time. Finally when we only had a couple of blocks left to go, Orion sat down in the dirt and refused to get up.

By then, William was screaming too.


We FINALLY got home just after 1:00! I guess that for now if I want to walk to the library, I better take the double stroller.
Also yesterday William turned 3 months old!

I can't believe that time has gone by so quickly. William is is such a good baby. He loves to snuggle and be talked to. Just yesterday he started laughing. It is so much fun to make him laugh. I love this little guy and am so excited to watch him grow and learn. I just wish he could stay little a little while longer.

4 comments:

Amber and The Boys said...

Wow! I hope you at least got good naps out of them after all of that!

James and Aimee said...

You are such a good mom!!! I'm glad you thought to take pictures. It really is so nice hearing about you guys and your days, typical or not.

That walk looks gorgeous. I do love the trees here where we live, but you have more! So pretty.

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Your hair is so pretty that color! :) I hope you got naps out of them too!

Sarah said...

Good for you being so ambitious! Sounds like a fun adventure...for which of the 3 of you I'm not sure...but an adventure nonetheless! Maybe Orion will appreciate cars now :)