Friday, September 4, 2009

Just Life



Ok, so I know that this is probably very irreverent and my mother is probably appalled at me for doing this, but I recorded one of Orions prayers. Just so that I could share it with the grandmas. He has been really good about saying his own prayers, and for the most part- without any help. I did have to remind him to bless the food in this particular prayer, but I didn't want to record too many prayers waiting for him to do one completely by himself. And just in case you can't understand what he is saying- here is a translation.

Heavenly Father, thankful day, bless grandma, name Jesus , bless food, name Jesus Christ, amen.
He has also been sharing his food with whichever favorite toy he has at the time. Sometimes it takes 2 hours to get through lunch because he takes a bite- and then the train takes a bite- and then Samuel the Lamenite takes a bite. He also makes piles of his "side" to share. Orion, mommy, daddy, William, Dora, Boots, & the favorite toy all get a pile of food. The problem with this is that it only leaves Orion 3 pretzels (or raisins or whatever) and then he wants some more. But I am happy that he wants to share and is so willing too. I hope this behavior continues for many many years.

William is doing really well! He is sleeping GREAT at night. Most of the time he sleeps through the night. Unfortunately he doesn't nap great. He will only nap if I am right next to him- or bouncing him. He has recently discovered his finger. He really likes to gnaw on it- and then eventually he starts sucking on it and goes to sleep. I think it is rather cute. But then again- I just think HE is cute.


Philip is taking a couple of classes this semester. They are online classes, so he will be able to be home every night and I won't ever have to worry about him driving home late at night in the snow. He is such a wonderful husband and father and I am so grateful for the sacrifices he makes for his family. I couldn't ask for a better man!!
I am doing well. I am trying to get back into the habit of exercising daily. But it is slow going. Even though William is sleeping great, Orion isn't always. So a lot of mornings I think to myself, I should go exercise, and then Satan steps in and says "No- your too tired, go back to sleep"! I hate to admit it- but I listen to him far more in the mornings then I should. I'll work on that!!
I guess what I am trying to get at is this. Life is going very well for us here in the Bainbridge household. We are all happy and healthy. And what more could we ask for?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You seriously rock as a mom. I love how you see the good in Orion and his little lunch sharing instead of getting totally frustrated!

Unknown said...

Whoa-that was me, Amber, not Jackie-that's my mom.