Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ensign

I got my Ensign (ok so the link is for February, but I got March) in the mail today, and was pretty excited. I also got a letter from Family Fun telling me that if I wanted to renew my subscription I could do it for just 10 dollars. (I didn't re-new it this year to save money. I decided that it was a want and not a need.) I sighed and put the letter aside to think about it some before I throw it away. I sat and thought about how I used to devour my Family Fun as soon as it came in the mail. I love all the different craft ideas and recipes and so on. And then I thought how sad it is that I don't show the same enthusiasm in the Ensign. I always enjoy reading it and I usually get it read cover to cover, but not always.
Also today I was finding some fun ideas to do for Activity Days, and I came across a "Friend" Bowl. The girls will read a Friend Magazine from cover to cover one month, and then the leaders (who also read the Friend cover to cover) will ask questions about it. Could be a lot of fun and it will motivate the girls to read it.
Then I was thinking, it's really too bad that my sisters don't live closer so that I could get together with them and have an Ensign Bowl. So Mom, Alice, Rachel, Kylie, Julie, just know that when I move closer, Family Dinner will also include a rousing game of Ensign Bowl. I personally
am looking forward to this.

Other things that have been going on around here- not much really. I am concerned that even though William is done with his anti-biotic, that he still has an ear infection. But he is sleeping a ton better and is finally starting to take a regular morning and afternoon nap. He also loves to follow is big brother around. Sometimes he gets a little upset when he is halfway down the hall, then Orion turns around to go back into the family room, so he turns around and is almost to the family room when Orion again returns to his room. It's a vicious cycle. Orion has started asking "why"& "but why", which is getting old quick. And he's only been doing it a couple of days. I don't mind so much when I have a good answer but when he asks why there is electricity in the outlet, I have no idea. He also has quite the imagination. "The big purple dinosaur in the window" is apparently very scary.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hey Hannah -
You could start a giant online Ensign Bowl - I am not tech savy enough to figure out how that would or could work but it could be FUN! I'm in!

Aimee said...

I really like the Friend bowl and Ensign bowl idea! You are so smart!

Wanda Husted said...

How 'bout an electronic Ensign Bowl???

Rachel and Tyler said...

So Hannah - you said "when" you move closer...Is that a promise??? I'd like that in writing. I love ya!