Wednesday, April 22, 2009


After a really long day yesterday, I was so hoping Orion would sleep well last night, and wake up in a nice happy wonderful mood. No such luck. He woke up at about 3:45, and didn't go back to sleep until about 5!! At one point, when I was putting him back in the crib (AGAIN) he asked for mango. I figured maybe he was hungry and just gave him some milk. I'm sorry, I was not about to peel and cut up a mango at 4:30 in the morning. Call me picky. Then, Orion got up at 6. Oh, I was so not ready to face the day! But, I decided to make today all about Orion. We played with balls outside for almost two hours. I was so done by then. At about 10, we walked to the store to buy some upholstery cleaner. I was going to stop at the gas station nest door and let him pick out a small treat, but the nice lady at the "Do It Best", gave him a dumdum on the way out. She also asked me when I was due, and when she found out that it wasn't until the end of June, asked me if I was going to have twins. I am beginning to find that annoying. Yes, I know I am big, you do not need to comment on it. Moving on. We go home shortly before 11, and I sent Orion outside to play with his truck, while I made lunch. We had kinda an early lunch today, so that I could put Orion down for an early nap. He was yawning all morning. By noon, we were both conked out on my bed. I woke up at about 1:30, and quietly slipped away to read my scriptures. Orion finally came toddling out at about 2:30. We read some books for a little bit, and then made brownies. I thought maybe I should take some to my visiting teacher, and assure her that I really was ok, despite my crying yesterday when she came over. Orion had fun helping, but didn't like that he had to wait for them to come out of the oven to eat. He kept asking if they were done yet. At about 4 we walked over to Janice house, to deliver the brownies. On the way home, we stopped at the park. We got home in time for me to make some dinner (with the help of Orion) and now that the dishes are done, Orion is watching Cars, and I am posting this blog. Philip is on his way home from school, and bed time is in a wonderful 35 minutes!! Life is grand! Oh, the picture is of Orion getting a drink. Yet another bad habit that we are working on.

2 comments:

Chaney said...

I have to admit that I love Orion's bad habits. Phillip has started screaming when he gets mad which is getting old. I'm grateful however he gets over it quickly, especially when I put him in time out.
I'm glad today went better than yesterday!
Love you Hannah!

The Rogers said...

Hannah, is your brothers soon to be baby, Emmalee going to sound like 'Emily'? If so her name will be like our Emily...Emily Jean. I think it is too funny