Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Zoo



Today, Orion and I went to the zoo with Wanda and some of her kids. I was excited to show Orion some of the real live animals that he knows now. He loved the giraffes, and the fish and the birds. The zoo doesn't have zebras or elephants, which was a little disappointing, but oh well. Hopefully we will get out there again this summer. I will have to find some books with some of the other animals, so that he can learn those and be excited to them too.

I was so hoping that Orion would go down for a good nap this afternoon, (Walking around the zoo really wore ME out!) but no luck. I finally told him that he didn't have to sleep, but he couldn't come out of his room until I said so. He played right in the doorway. He did that this morning too, when I told him he couldn't come out until his jammies were off. What a mean mom I am!
As a side note, the last couple of weeks I have found myself saying things that my mom used to always say. Like " quite hanging on the door, your going to break it off its hinges!" or "you write on that wall I am going to cut your fingers off!". I clearly remember thinking when I was much younger that I would never say such things.

2 comments:

blondeviolin said...

Haha. I remember my mom saying, "Stand on your own weight." I try SUPER hard to not say that...but I end up staying, "Stop leaning on me!" or "Stand up!" LOL I feel it.

Glad your zoo trip went well! :)

Marianne said...

I'm very impressed by any child who will actually stay in their bedroom. I'm working hard on the "quiet time" thing and am failing miserably.