Saturday, April 25, 2009

Minnisota Fun


These last couple of days have been a lot of fun. Yesterday and this morning, I was able to spend time with my grandparents who live in Montana. Only, I didn't have to drive 27 hours to go see them. Only 6!

Thursday night, after Philip got home from work, Orion and I drove to Eau Claire, WI. It was about a 3 hour drive. We stayed in a hotel there, where I foolishly made reservations a couple days before. I say foolishly, becuase I didn't really know where the place was located. We got there, and it was right smack in the middle of down town Eau Claire. And, the hotel shared a parking lot with 3 different bars. There was not only one, but two other locks on the inside of the hotel room door, and every sound carried through the walls. Not only that, but when we walked into the room, there were no pillows!! I had to call the front desk and have some brought. The beds were terribly uncomfortable, which I guess could have been a good thing. I didn't ever fall asleep for more then 45 minutes, which gave me another opportunity to pray that Orion and I would be protected, and that no one would break into the car. That is the last time I make a reservation at a place that I don't know where it is, just becuase it is the cheapest I could find.

We left for Two Harbors, MN at about 8:oo, Friday morning. I wanted to be out by 6 or 7, but Orion actually slept in until 7:30, when I finally woke him up. At least he didn't have any problems sleeping. We arrived at our destination shortly before 11. My grandparents were visistng my grandpa's brother. So not only did I get to see my grandparents, but for the first time I got to meet my great uncle Obern and aunt Lois. We spent the day just chatting and playing with Orion. Orion was so well behaved! He only had to sit in time out 3 times the whole time we were there. But he had a lot of fun playing with "grugru and gragra". Although he called uncle Obern and aunt Lois "grugru & gragra" too. After I put Orion to bed that night, I got to play dominoes with grandma and grandpa. Every time I ever go up to visit them, from the time I was old enough to stay up and play, we play dominoes before we go to bed. It was really nice to be able to play with them again. I slept MUCH better friday night, even though Orion and I both were on a twin bed, and Orion takes up more space then his father!!!

This morning, after breakfast dishes were done, Orion and I packed up and headed home. We got out the door about 9, and would have been hom by 3, but I missed an exit, and had to take a little detour. We didn't make it home until 3:30. Orion did REALLY well in the car. It was kinda fun to just sit and listen to him play, and read his books. It cracks me up that he knows the stories well enough to just look at the picture and know what to say. It kinda makes me wonder why I have to read them to him still. He has some of them memorized!

I took the camera on my trip, and left it in the car the entire time! I am actually pretty dissapointed about this. There were some great opportunities to get some pictures of Orion playing with his great grandparents. I don't know when we will be able to see them again, and truthfully, I may not get the chance to take pictures of them together again. This is me kicking myself. But, my sweet grandma gave me a gift while I was there. She made a baby quilt for William (my baby). It is really cute, AND hand quilted. I am so touched that she goes through the effort to still make quiltes for ALL of her great grand children. And she has a lot, so I know that this is no small task. And, I have tried hand quilting, I know that is no small taks either! Anyway, I did take a picture of the quilt when I got home, so that I could share it with all of you.

2 comments:

James and Aimee said...

I'm so glad you got to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa. They are some of our very favorite people in the whole world. The quilt is very cute! I'm also amazed at all the quilts she is able to make. If I can only make one tenth of the quilts she has ever made, I will be thrilled.

Chaney said...

They are some of our favorite people too. We're a little jealous! And I LOVE the things she makes for the kids.
I'm glad you had a good time.