Monday, October 13, 2008

There are BALLS in the SKY!!

It has been unseasonably warm here in Wisconsin. Last night we slept with the windows open, didn't use any covers and I was still too hot. I was very tempted to get up and turn the air on, but it is OCTOBER!!! So anyway, on Saturday night, we decided to eat out on the balcony and enjoy the coolness of the night. The sun was just setting, so it wasn't too dark, but dark enough to see the moon. The whole time we were eating dinner, Orion kept pointing to the moon and saying "ball ball ball". I would shake my head and say no silly, that's the moon. He was not convinced. As it got darker and the moon brighter it changed from "ball" to "ball lie ball lie". (Which interpreted means ball light.) What fun it is to have a 20 month old.


By the way, for those of you who don't know, Orion is learning lots of different signs right now which is super helpful in deciphering what he is talking about. Here is signing "shoes".

3 comments:

blondeviolin said...

When Abby was first learning words it was so nice for her to sign along with a word sometimes so I could figure out that that specific babble meant whatever. LOL

Ball light! That's too cute!

Chaney said...

I LOVE baby signing!! It is SO helpful when they don't quite have the words yet to say what they mean. I wish I had done it with Samuel as well, but Phillip did awesome with it and still reverts back to signing when he thinks we didn't understand him.

Shawna said...

That's Molly"s favorite sign!